NPTA members are at the forefront of the paper industry, serving as advocates for enhancing the industry.
NPTA values its members who actively support its mission, and thus, are recognized for their contributions through a variety of awards, including:
Stanley O. Styles Industry Excellence Award
NPTA Alliance's highest honor is awarded to an individual who has had a distinguished career in the paper industry. Each year, NPTA selects an industry leader who has made a positive impact through innovation and dedication, and whose character represents the ideals for which leaders all strive.
Past Stanley O. Styles Industry Excellence Award Winners:
- 2013 David S. McGehee, Mac Papers
- 2012 Ed Kniep, III, Shaughnessy Kniep Hawe Paper Co.
- 2011 James W. Barrett, Central National-Gottesman Inc.
- 2009 Walter Duignan, Mohawk Fine Papers Inc.
- 2008 R. James Alexy, Network Services Company
- 2007 Arthur J. Douville, xpedx
- 2006 Frederick J. Stabbert, West Coast Paper
- 2005 Tucker Jones, Hudson Valley Paper
- 2004 Charlie Greiner, International Paper
- 2003 Thomas O’Connor, Sr., Mohawk Paper Mills
- 2002 George Hartmann, Georgia-Pacific
- 2001 William Unger, National Envelope
- 2000 John Buckley, National Paper Trade Association
- 1999 Bruce Brydon, Coast Paper
- 1998 Robert Keith, Affiliated Paper Companies
- 1997 Patrick Brennan, Consolidated Papers
- 1996 Fred Kfoury, Jr., Central Paper Products
- 1995 John Georges, International Paper Co.
- 1994 Raymond B. Mundt, Alco Standard Corp.
- 1993 Craig McClelland, Union Camp
- 1992 Dick Abrams, West Coast Paper
- 1991 Allan Jacobson, 3M Company
- 1990 John Herbert, Mead Corp.
- 1989 Kent Landsberg, Kent H. Landsberg Co.
- 1988 Dick Carr, Carr Paper
- 1987 Larry Boling, Consolidated Papers
- 1986 Howard Ris, Ris Paper Co.
- 1985 Al Duval, Hammermill Corp.
- 1984 Bill Zellerbach, Zellerbach Paper
Golden Eagle Award
It is with great pleasure that the NPTA Alliance recognizes those individuals who have served the paper industry for 40 years or more. This award is an ongoing service of NPTA and is available to all members throughout the year. There is no time limit or deadline for this continuing program.
To receive an award, one is required to be a current employee of a member company and must submit a letter outlining his or her experience on the company's letterhead along with a completed Golden Eagle Award application. To download the current Golden Eagle Award application, click here.